Win a free CBT with Ride Free
Start getting more from motorcycling
‘Ride Free’ is an all-new campaign from Bennetts to support new riders interested in getting their motorcycle licence.
The main role of Ride Free is to lend a helping hand with learning how to ride. Ride Free hosts a range of useful information including: how to get started; which motorcycle kit to choose; trusted reviews on security products; guidance on what bikes to buy and how to pick a good one.
Ride Free is also where you can apply to win one of 90 FREE Compulsory Basic Training* (CBT) courses.
To find out more about Ride Free, watch this video.
Applications for the 90 CBT places are open to UK residents aged 18 and over** and can be applied for using the 'Enter now' button below from December 3 until January 31, 2021. Successful applicants will be notified within 10 working days after the closing date (February 12, 2021). The CBT courses will be rolled out from early 2021 (Covid restrictions permitting) and managed by Bennetts’ partner, RideTo, who work with a UK nationwide network of trusted training centres.
Former Team GB Olympic snowboarder, Aimee Fuller – who passed her CBT six years ago – will be the independent judge for the campaign, making the final call on the 90 people who will receive a free CBT place.
Ride Free is supported by Bennetts Rewards - a unique platform designed to help all motorcyclists get more from motorcycling. It’s populated with a huge range of offers and discounts, unmissable deals and money-can’t-buy experiences for riders both on and off the bike. Access to Bennetts Rewards is free for all riders who purchase insurance directly with Bennetts or also available as a paid for 12-month membership.
Do you know someone who wants to get on two wheels? Share Bennetts.co.uk/ridefree with a friend so they can be in with a chance to win one of 90 FREE Compulsory Basic Training* (CBT) courses.
This competition ended at midnight on 31/01/21
* A valid CBT certificate lasts for two years. It’s an easy and affordable first step towards gaining a full motorcycle licence. Successful completion of the CBT enables you to ride a 50cc motorcycle (from age 16) up to 125cc (age 17 and over) while displaying L plates (or D plates in Wales). Holding a valid CBT certificate – typically costing £100 - £130 with bike and helmet hire included– is also ideal for commuters looking to beat traffic while gaining confidence and igniting a passion for two wheels.
**Terms & Conditions
1. The promoter of this competition is Bennetts Motorcycling Services Limited of Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB (the "Promoter").
2. Entry into the prize draw is free and no purchase is necessary. By entering into the prize draw, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions. Only one entry per person is permitted.
3. The competition is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over who hold a full UK driving license, a UK provisional driving license or an EU driving licence with UK counterpart licence number. Employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with the administration of the prize draw shall not be eligible to enter the prize draw.
4. The opening date for entry is 00:01am on December 2, 2020. The closing date for entry is 11.59pm on January 31, 2021. Any entry after this date will not be valid and will not be considered in the competition.
5. Entry to the competition is completed by visiting www.bennetts.co.uk/RideFree and following the registration instructions. In order to enter the competition entrants must provide the following information:
a. full name;
b. email address;
c. telephone number;
d. home address;
e. whether they identify as female, male, non-binary, transgender, intersex or prefer not to say;
f. age bracket;
g. type of driving licence (if any);
h. if they own a motorcycle; and
i. if they have any previous motorcycle riding experience.
6. Entrants may also upload a photo of themselves as part of their submission however this is optional.
7. As part of their submission entrants must also explain (1) why they want to complete a Compulsory Basic Training course, and (2) what will they do once they have completed the course. Each answer must be at least 10 characters in length.
8. Upon completion of your entry, winners will be selected by three judges, one of which will be Aimee Fuller, who is independent from the Promotor.
9. There are ninety (90) prizes to be won.
10. 90 winners will be selected, each of whom will receive a free Compulsory Basic Training ("CBT") course as a prize.
11. The 90 winners will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided at entry) within 10 working days of the competition end date and must provide a postal address so the Promoter can also notify the winners in writing. Winners will be required to undertake their free CBT before June 30, 2021. If a winner does not contact the Promoter to accept their prize within 7 days of being notified by the Promoter, then their prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
12. The free CBT must be booked through RideTo Ltd of Dunsden Green, Reading, Oxfordshire RG4 9QD. RideTo Ltd will contact the winners by telephone or email shortly after they have accepted their prize to arrange a suitable time and date for their CBT. Winners will need to agree to the RideTo terms of booking when booking their CBT. You can review these terms here: www.rideto.com/terms. The winners can book their CBT at a training centre of their choosing.
13. Once booked, winners are responsible for getting themselves to and from the CBT training centre. Any cost associated with travelling to and from the selected CBT training centre is the responsibility of each winner. The Promotor is not responsible in any way for the coordination of travel to and from the CBT training centre.
14. When attending the CBT, winners must provide the correct license card to the CBT training centre: UK driving, UK provisional or EU licence with UK counterpart licence number. Photocopies or images are not accepted. Winners must be able to read a registration plate from 20.5 meters, speak and understand English and the Highway code, be able to ride an adult sized motorcycle, be wearing suitable clothing including thick trousers (such as jeans) and leather boots and have their National Insurance number in case of a licence check being carried out.
15. If for any reason a technical interruption, fault or website failure occurs when completing your entry online, the Promoter does not take any responsibility for incomplete entries and any incomplete entries will not be considered valid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries which are not completed for any reason.
16. The prizes for the winners are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
17. The prizes are subject to availability and, in the event of unforeseen circumstances, or circumstances outside of the Promoter's reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or substitute any prize for an alternative arrangement of equal or greater value.
18. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
19. The surnames and counties of the 90 winners can be obtained by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 28 days after the date of the closing date of the competition.
20. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the identity of entrants and to disqualify any entry that does not comply with these terms and conditions.
21. The Promoter may prohibit an entrant from participating in the prize draw if, in its sole discretion, it determines that an entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the prize draw by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair practices.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
23. Save where the Promoter has been negligent and to the extent permitted by law, the Promoter shall in no way be liable for any injuries, losses, damages or expenses suffered or incurred by any winner of the prize draw, as a direct or indirect result of participating in the prize draw and/or accepting a prize.
24. Winners will be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name, photograph and videos in any media.
27. These terms and conditions will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.